A yummy breakfast treat or midday snack. This granola recipe is healthy, delicious and satisfying.
- 3 cups of oatmeal
- ¾ cup of dried cranberries
- ¾ cup of chopped dried pears
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of canola or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine oatmeal, cranberries, pears, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- In a small sauce pan heat butter, oil, and sugar on low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add almond extract to sauce pan and remove from heat.
- Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients until dry mixture is coated.
- Pour granola onto a foil lined jelly roll pan and smooth out.
- Bake at 350 degrees stirring every 10 minutes for forty minutes
- Take out of oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve, store, enjoy!